Who assists you in addition?

We have listed some organizations and institutions below that assist you in various issues regarding academic studies: 


At Anabin, (Informationssystem zur Anerkennung ausländischer Bildungsabschlüsse, German only) you can find out whether your certificates are sufficient for studying in Germany.

The DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) contains German and internationally oriented Bachelor's, Master's and doctoral programmes, but also language and special courses – and a well-respected ranking comparing higher education institutions and subjects.

International applicants generally come to a German state institution of higher education by means of the „Arbeits- und Servicestelle für ausländische Studienbewerbung“, (in short: Uni-Assist University Application Service for International Students).


The TestDaF is a language test for foreign learners of German who plan to study in Germany or who require recognised certification of their language skills.

The German exams offered by the Goethe-Institut correspond to the levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and range from level A1 for beginners to C2 for the most advanced language learners.


With regard to BAföG (Bundesausbildungsförderungsgesetz; German Federal Education Assistance Act), the Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF; German Federal Ministry of Education and Research) provides comprehensive information.

With regard to scholarships the Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF; German Federal Ministry of Education and Research) gives an overview.

With regard to financing of studies the Deutsche Studentenwerk (DSW; German National Association for Student Affairs) provides information.

Social matters

The BAG Behinderung und Studium e.V. (Disability and Studying) provides assistance for disabled and chronically ill students.

The German Student Union (DSW) provides comprehensive information with regard to the topic Academic Studies and Disability. 

The reference book Studium und Behinderung, (“Academic Studies and Disability”) of the Deutsches Studentenwerk (German National Association for Student Affairs) may be downloaded chapter by chapter and free of charge. 


The Jobbörse  of the Bundesagentur für Arbeit (job board of the Federal Employment Agency) also offers a directed search for internships.

The data bank of the Federal Employment Agency contains descriptions of education and occupations.


The Deutsche Akademische Austauschdienst (DAAD; German Academic Exchange Service) gives information on internships and academic studying abroad.

Additional links

The following link refers to organizations or institutions that may assist you in specific questions of detail concerning possible special regulations regarding the access to higher education: Additional links (in German)

Studying in the German states ("Bundesländer")